2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nah. I don’t do dem resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Also nope. Thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I’m lucky that we’ve done a lot of travelling in my life, but this year we’ve been managing our poorly puppy, and I’m happy to sacrifice seven days in the sun to know my boy is happy and healthy and not with strangers in a kennel. You won’t believe me, but going to my in-laws’ caravan in the summer was just as lovely… even if it did rain!
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Money. Is that too shallow? We have it – enough to pay everything, eat takeaways, and generally be okay. But I’m going into my third year of YNABbing and therefore, I know I’d feel more secure if we had more money squirrelled away.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
17 October 2015. The dog collapsed and couldn’t stand/walk. We had to carry him to the emergency vet and I thought I was losing him. We don’t really know what happened, but the vet thinks it was something neurological (and potentially related to his seizures) but my gut tells me it was 100% a stroke (which is incredibly rare for dogs). One of the scariest things I’ve ever been through – hope I never have to again.
He seems fully recovered now, though. Touch wood. (It’s his fifth birthday today – yay!)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Same as #1 I guess. I also got published at GamesRadar and Eurogamer, both of which were on my writery Bucket List. Woot.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Don’t know. Diet, I guess?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah. Saw out the end of the year horribly unwell with asthma, of all things.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a new Macbook Pro in the summer. For the first time in my entire life, I’d saved the money beforehand and was able to pay in full at checkout (and it wasn’t even a standard/cheap spec!). Felt AMAZING.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All my boys. I heart them so much.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It’s a work thing. Won’t be writing about it here but my God, I really hope karma is a thing. Someone has the shit type coming back to them in droves.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. What else?
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
Silent Hill Live! I was Konami’s guest at the Cardiff and first London show. I was like a fucking child.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Probably Adele. Not because I like it, but because it was played to fucking death.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I think.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner. JUST!
iii. richer or poorer? In cash/savings terms poorer, I guess.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hung out with my boys.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I probably spend too much time online. On my phone. Watching Netflix. Being an antisocial cow, essentially.
20. How [did] you spend Christmas?
I’m still poorly, so it was very quiet all in, but lovely all the same. It was just me and my boys. Bliss.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
M. People make fun of us because of this! We call each other two or three times a day, just to touch base, see how the other is doing, etc. People think it’s hilarious. It doesn’t embarrass me, though; this year we’ll have been together 22 years. Whatever we’re doing works, right?!
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
I guess I fell in love even more with M, S and the pup.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy. Yes, still.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yup. Aforementioned work thing.
26. What was the best book you read?
I typically read a lot, but I’ve been shocking this year. The one that comes to mind is Stephen King’s Revival, so I suppose that.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
Squeeze. Their new album, Cradle to the Grave, reminded me how much I love them.
28. What did you want and get?
New Macbook Pro.
29. What did you want and not get?
New lounge flooring. With the dog’s illness, it’s fucked now – horribly stained etc.
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
I haven’t seen Star Wars – YEAH REALLY – and I don’t know what else to say. I don’t watch a lot of new films.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
39. I know. I can’t believe it, either. Again, it was very quiet. I think we went out for dinner, M, S and I.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No idea. I don’t think that kind of hindsight helps.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Same as every year – jeans and trainers, even in work!
34. What kept you sane?
My boys. Always. Forever. Also occasionally drive me insane, too, naturally.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least?
Still adore Patrick Dempsey. OH SHONDA WHAT DID YOU DO. ;___;
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. What the fuck happened, Britain?
37. Whom did you miss?
No-one, really. I have everyone I need.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Oooh, there’s an interesting question. One I have no answer for, really.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
I don’t think I have one, not really. Sorry. I am terrible at these list things.
40. Do you have any lost feelings of others.
That question makes no sense, so… no??
41.Quote a song that sums up your year:
“Just the [three] of us / We can make it if we try”!